Another recipe from Kay’s collection over at Kayotic. I think I’ll cover most of her recipes by the end of summer, they are great:-)
Again I’ve changed this recipe a bit only because I know based on previous experience that too much flour in a brownie doesn’t work well for me so I replaced the flour with more chocolate.Another change was to use mixed berries which I had some in the freezer rather than Raspberries recommended in the original recipe. This cake tastes as good as it looks and I will definitely make it again.
- 200 g Self raising Flour
- 400 g Caster Sugar
- 200 g unsalted Butter, softened
- 300 g Dark Chocolate
- 140 g frozen mixed Berries(Blueberry, Blackberry, Raspberry)
- 400 g soft Cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 175 C/ Gas Mark 5.
- Whisk the butter with 200 g sugar until smooth. Then add 3 eggs one at the time while mixing continually.
- Melt the chocolate and add to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing with a spatula.
- Fold the flour into the butter mixture.
- Lightly grease the baking dish(20x30 cm)and line with baking paper.
- Pour the chocolate mixture onto the baking dish.
- To make the cheese mixture: Whisk cream cheese with 2 eggs, 200 g of sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the cheese mixture on top of the chocolate mixture in the baking dish.
- Place the frozen berries over the cheese mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.Leave to cool before cutting.