I love onion bhaji but have never tried to cook it before until I cam across a recipe on Jeenas kitchen for baked bhaji and gave it a shot. These are very easy to make and taste good too without all the oil of deep fried bhajis.
- 3 large Onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Tomato pure dissolved in 100 ml boiling water
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions for 6-7 minutes until soft.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6/ 200 C.
- Place fried onions in a mixing bowl with flour, all the spices and dissolves tomatoes pure and mix well.
- Lightly grease a baking dish and form the bhaji mixture into small cakes and place on the baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes or more until golden