I have resisted the temptation of adding sour cream or double cream to this soup in following my dairy-less 28 days diet. The soup, however, is tasty in addition to being healthy and if you love butternut squash as much as I do, you will love it:-)
- 1 medium Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 medium Onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped finely
- 2 medium Carrots, cut into cubes
- 1.2 litres/5 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat the oil in a apn and fry onion and garlic over medium heat for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Add carrots and butternut squash and mix well with onion. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season and add the cumin powder.
- Add the stock and bring to boil before simmering covered for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.