Quick and Easy Strawberry Dessert with Puff Pastry, Custard and Cinnamon
- 1 pack/ 500 g Puff Pastry
- 300 g Strawberries
- 100 ml Custard
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200 C/ Gas mark 6.
- Cut out a 15x30 cm rectangle from pastry, prick all over with a fork and cook on a baking tray in the oven for 10 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 220 C/ Gas mark 7.
- Spread the custard over the cooked pastry sheet and arrange strawberries over the custard with the points facing up.
- Cut out another piece of pastry, this time slightly larger than the first piece. Using a knife, about 3 cm down from the top, make widthways cuts across the middle of the pastry, leaving 3 cm boarder on each side. Repeat this for 10-15 times from top to the bottom of the pastry.. Drape the pastry over strawberries, letting their tops poke through and press the edges to seal.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving.