Soft and Moist Peach Cake
- 150 g plain Flour
- 150 g Caster Sugar
- 150 g Butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 3 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 40 g Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Peaches, peeled and sliced/ Canned chopped peaches, drained
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ Gas mark 5.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with a hand mixer for 5-7 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs gradually to the mixture and mix with a large spoon.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and add them gradually to the butter mixture and fold in with a large spoon.
- Add the walnuts to the mixture and mix.
- Line the base of a 20 cm cake tin with baking parchment and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Lay the peaches over the mixture and bake the cake for 45 minutes or until golden on top.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving.